Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Walk to work with me!

Hey everyone!

Today I took some pictures on the way to work so you could see what I see every day as I walk to Oktobor Animation.

Right when I leave the apartment I see this beautiful building covered in green foliage! Its a nice sight in the morning.

Then I start walking by Albert Park and across the street I see this incredible view. I love the contrast between the green grass and palm trees and the city skyline.

Then I turn down Victoria. This is looking down Victoria. I walk clear past the sky tower and as you can tell is very down hill then back up. But its kinda fun walking through the city.

Before I start walking Victoria, if I turn around and look back toward Albert Park I see this beautiful rock sculpture that's also a fountain. Water is always drizzling down those stacked rocks.


Once I get to the end of Victoria, I turn left down Hobson. Hobson isn't pretty enough to take pictures of so I left that out. Its not bad, just a big bus station. But once you reach the end of that you're at the corner of Hobson and Wellesley and there is this really cool old church. I love the architecture of that building.



Then I turn right and start walking down Wellesley.



Haha this is a little funny... So on Wellesley there is this billboard.... yep those are naked butts. New Zealand apparently has different policies on advertising haha


Then Wellesley turns into Sale Street where I work. This is the slight left onto Sale Street, and that is a pretty nice looking wine bar. Carla and I haven't been there yet, but I'm sure we will within the year :)


Just a short way down Sale Street and I'm at work!! Oktobor Animation! Very nice building :)


This is my work!



AND today I was moved into the new office! Whooo! Before I was in kind of an alcove where the riggers work, and while they were nice people... its a lot of fun working in a room full of animators! We have been having a blast, laughing a lot, helping push each other's work, and plotting our next Nerf attack. I sit across from Nick, super funny Australian guy. So far we share the room with Katie, Christina, Mercedes, and Sushil.



And here is my desk!! I'm going to try and spruce up the area a little and there are plans to deck out the office with movie posters and possibly lava lamps haha!


Lastly, on Friday we have some pretty big people coming in from Nickelodeon, such as the president of CG and some executive producers. So we've got all of our Nick signs out as inspiration to all of us!



I hope you enjoyed!
Matt and Carla









1 comment:

  1. So fun to see where you live, and what you see. Can't wait to come see all of it with you. Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us updated. Love you and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete