Saturday, February 26, 2011

People of Auckland

Hey everyone!

Its been a while since the last post, but we are doing good! On a serious note, there has been a huge earthquake in Christchurch, which has made international news. Its pretty bad, but Carla and I are safe. We are actually quite far from the damage. But the people down there are going through a hard time, so our prayers go out to them.

But to lighten things up a bit, I wanted to do a post about the people in Auckland. I walk to work everyday and I see SO many interesting people in the city. There are some characters in this city! So I've made it a goal of mine to find someone everyday that sticks out to me. Then when I get to work I sketch them! Its fun, and it gets me off to a nice, creative start to my day of animating. Here is a few of the people I see around Auckland, New Zealand!


Backpack Surfer

All Angles

Little Fat Guy waiting at the light

Mr. Slick
Right out of the 50's

Ultra Skinny Woman grabbing a pastry

Tiny Legs
Gracefully skipping over a puddle (shoes in hand)

Morning skateboarder
Running fingers through her hair


I hope you liked them, I'm still learning everyday. And there are certainly some challenges that I'm trying to get through.... the dreaded hands! haha But I'm really enjoying this creative outlet. And like I said, its even helping my animation. I'm seeing posing clearer and developing a strong shape language. Everyday I'm learning more and more.


Oh, by the way, I got a new desk at work! I'll do a post with some pictures soon!


-The Walkers

3 comments:

  1. Great sketches! You have a good eye!

    So how long is this desk area going to last? Will you be moving about once per quarter? You've only been there 4 months and had how many desk assignments?

    Oh by the way Happy 4 mo anniversary. Home in 8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! AMEN DIANE!! :) But, seriously, Matty you are so talented!!! Holy cow- those sketches are amazing. I'm so proud of you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to see you sketchin' lets see more

    ReplyDelete