Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Devonport

As promised, here is our little trip to Devonport!

So first Ill explain where Devonport is. Devonport is a smaller town still on the mainland. But the way its situated its actually much faster to ferry across to it than to drive there. So Carla and I took our first Ferry ride in New Zealand! Here is us leaving the city :)


Carla was very excited! Her excitement always gets me excited, its amazing!


There is me with the city skyline behind me. Carla and I really enjoyed being on the ferry! It was so much fun to be out of the city and on the water. It just felt refreshing.


Devonport is a smaller city that it more family oriented than downtown Auckland, so it was really relaxing being there. PLUS there are these two hills that you can climb and the views are incredible. First we all walked up Mt. Victoria... oh forgot to mention that we also went along with a fellow animator friend of mine, Levi and his sister who is in town visiting. So we all went up to Mt. Victoria and this is what we saw. And actually in the distance is North Head which is the other hill.



Me and Rangitoto in the background, which is another surrounding island.



Theres Carla standing on these funny little mushroom things... honestly I have no idea what they were but it reminded me of a scene from the old Mario Brothers games haha

Levi was kind enough to take a picture of me and my lovely wife.
Thats one of the bridges around Auckland in the background.
Then we went down Mt. Victoria and started heading toward North Head. We got to see some really pretty neighborhoods along the way and had a great time talking with Levi and his sister.
Then we got to North Head and the views were once again, stunning! Look at this!

Lastly I wanted to show you Rangitoto one more time. Rangitoto is actually a extinct volcano... and Carla and I climbed to the top of it today! More on that soon!!


Hope you enjoyed!
Matty and Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment